Playing House

Saturday, May 26, 2012
Well, here we go... I have decided to make a new blog for me and my husband Derek that is all about our new life and adventures together. A lot of people might wonder where the H-E- doublehockeysticks this title came from for a blog. And it's really quite simple. I love Brad Paisley and one of my favorite songs by him is called "New Favorite Memory".... you should all listen to it, here is the link: 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKBneYZt21g


It is such a cute song and I like to think of my new life as a time to make new favorite memories, memories that I will make with my husband and one day my children :) 


Anyywayysss, enough with the boring stuff... Me and Derek were married on May 11th (the best day ever!) in Orlando and now we live in Provo, Utah where we are both working for the summer and going back to school in the fall. We live in this little tiny apartment that I am trying to make cute... it's pretty difficult but I guess I like the challenge. 


I love being a wife. Derek is taking the MCAT in less than a week so when he is not at work he is studying and so I have a lot of time to do something quietly by myself. This morning I decided to make the bed a few times and decide which way it looked the prettiest. Then I scoured the bathroom and kitchen with a lot of Bleach and Scrubbing Bubbles. Derek kept asking if he could help but I was actually having fun doing all of that and I know it is important for him to study. Yesterday to take up time I decided to make chocolate chip cookies.... I don't have a mixer yet... so my arm muscle is like ten times bigger now (it was nonexistent to begin with... seriously, my arm muscles are the joke in my family). Right now he is taking a full practice test, so I decided to make this blog. 


Another reason I love being a wife is I get to be creative with my cooking. The other day me and Derek made Chicken Caesar Salad pizza and it was sooo good! And for Monday morning, because it's a holiday so I don't have work in the morning and Derek doesn't work until later, we are going to make some french toast casserole :) We both love cooking together and are enjoying it now because once he is in med school and residency I don't think that will happen very much. 


So this first blog is a little all over the place but I went into Target the other day to grab a few things and I had to get a cart and explore the home section of Target and it was so fun. I have decided that being married is like playing house all the time except there isn't anyone pretending to be a dog... which I am okay with. :)

3 comments:

  1. luvnmy10 said...:

    I love your new blog, especially the title-one of my favorite Brad Paisley songs, too. I am going to add this to my dashboard so I can enjoy staying caught up with you two lovebirds : ). ps. I could probably find someone to be the dog for you....

  1. Kelly said...:

    Such a cute blog! Reminds me of newly wed life!

  1. amandadimmick said...:

    Thanks Mom and Kelly! Also mom, I realized there wasn't a follow button, so I put one in at the top, now I can actually show up on your dashboard :)

Post a Comment