Spring is Coming Early this Year!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013
.... no this does not have anything to do with groundhogs day. haha but basically spring means new beginnings and I feel like is a second new years day because it signifies a fresh start. As most of you know... we don't really like the apartment we currently live in and have just been needing a change. A week and a half ago I came across this apartment that just seemed perfect for Derek and I so I jumped on the opportunity and we are in the process of moving this week. I just feel so excited to start new and fresh in a different apartment in a different part of town in a different ward (church congregation). I feel like in my current ward I have been somewhat antisocial because I just for some reason had no desire to make new friends and I am hoping to be a little bit more outgoing (like my personality is normally). One other fun thing about me and Derek's place is we have a nice little laundry room that I just love. Since we got married, Derek does the laundry and I fold it because our laundry room is creepy and shared.... seriously, it's creepy.... if you don't believe me, I once had to email my landlord and the email was "Possible Dead Cat"... it was in the laundry room... and it was gross, and I had nightmares of it coming to life and coming after me. Anyways, I have missed doing laundry... I love clothes and I love being in control of how the laundry is done because I guess when it comes to my clothes I am a bit of a control freak. Derek is also loving that we are moving because he is off laundry duty and unlike me he doesn't like to do laundry... what a weirdo! Over the weekend Derek and I went to buy a washer and dryer for our little laundry room and while walking up and down the aisles of an Appliance Direct type store I just kept singing this song in my head....



Buying a washer and dryer is probably the most womanly thing I have ever done! Isn't buying appliances what being a woman is all about?



We are also excited because at our new place we will have a spot for a little grill so we can have real hamburgers and steak instead of the fake ones I have been doctoring in our kitchen now. Basically, I am so happy and excited for a fresh start and hopefully spring the season comes soon too so I can just enjoy everything!

On different news real quick, as I get further and further into my program and spend more and more time in the elementary schools, I just want  to be a teacher even more and can't wait until it actually happens! Only a little while longer :)

1 comments:

  1. luvnmy10 said...:

    Happy new year to you! Im so happy to have you in a nice safe apartment!

Post a Comment